As of January 26, 2023, data from the date of January 1, 2023 onwards reflect updated population estimates. This update specifically impacts data for the 'not fully vaccinated' category.
As of June 16, all COVID-19 datasets will be updated weekly on Thursdays by 2pm.
This dataset reports the daily reported number of the 7-day moving average rates of Deaths involving COVID-19 by vaccination status and by age group.
Learn how the Government of Ontario is helping to keep Ontarians safe during the 2019 Novel Coronavirus outbreak.
- Date on which the death occurred
- Age group
- 7-day moving average of the last seven days of the death rate per 100,000 for those not fully vaccinated
- 7-day moving average of the last seven days of the death rate per 100,000 for those fully vaccinated
- 7-day moving average of the last seven days of the death rate per 100,000 for those vaccinated with at least one booster
All data reflects totals from 8 p.m. the previous day.
This dataset is subject to change.
- The data does not include vaccination data for people who did not provide consent for vaccination records to be entered into the provincial COVaxON system. This includes individual records as well as records from some Indigenous communities where those communities have not consented to including vaccination information in COVaxON.
- “Not fully vaccinated” category includes people with no vaccine and one dose of double-dose vaccine. “People with one dose of double-dose vaccine” category has a small and constantly changing number. The combination will stabilize the results.
- Spikes, negative numbers and other data anomalies: Due to ongoing data entry and data quality assurance activities in Case and Contact Management system (CCM) file, Public Health Units continually clean up COVID-19, correcting for missing or overcounted cases and deaths. These corrections can result in data spikes, negative numbers and current totals being different from previously reported case and death counts.
- Public Health Units report cause of death in the CCM based on information available to them at the time of reporting and in accordance with definitions provided by Public Health Ontario. The medical certificate of death is the official record and the cause of death could be different.
- Deaths are defined per the outcome field in CCM marked as “Fatal”. Deaths in COVID-19 cases identified as unrelated to COVID-19 are not included in the Deaths involving COVID-19 reported.
- Rates for the most recent days are subject to reporting lags